Friday, January 25, 2008

Ahem, MememememMMMEEEEE.

Opening Credits: ME, singing Brahms' "Rote Abendvolken" from Zigeunderleider. So, the opening credits consist of me singing about some gypsy walking up and down a road obsessing. Perfect!!
Growing Up Montage: "Speravit, anima mea" sung by the Chamber Singers. This is not the best recording we ever did of this piece and it's a little tentative sounding, so that really works for the whoel growing up thing. Also, it's about hoping for things but mostly it's a tonal trainwreck.
High School: "Best Imitation of Myself" by Ben Folds. Tis true that in HS I was but a shell of who I am today.
College: "I Fought the Law and the Law Won" by BUDDY HOLLY (originally and thusly recorded). Well, I used a lot of Buddy Holly in shows to good effect. I also once was stopped in the street up by The Ganter (Nate, you may recall this), and got us all off the hook by stating that I was from Massachusetts.
Waking Up and Morning Routine: "Stepping out with my baby" by Tony Bennett. "Can't go wrong cuz I'm in right?" Well, at least I'm in the right pair of pants.
Driving: "Trouble", Coldplay. Yep. Piano, whining, regrets. Sounds like a late night suburban drive.
At Work: "21 Questions" by his majesty Fiddy Cent!! How perfect. Everyone has 21 damn questions when they call me.
Falling in Love: Hahahaha. "All lampo del armi" from Handel's Guilio Cesare. it's only Julius Cesare's bad-ass battle cry. Did I mention he's usually played by a woman??
Breaking Up: "Everything in its right place" Radiohead. Thom Yorke says this is a love song. "Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon."
Getting Back Together: "I See Monsters" by Ryan Adams. Hm, this is a tough one. I guess I coudl relate it back to neuroses, or the "monsters" one sees when one isn't with the person one wants to be with.
Dinner with Family: ME, singing Pres des remparts. This is a tricksy little aria where Carmen gets Don Jose to untie her with the promise of sex. I'd probably have to trick them into dinner, anyway.
Wedding: "My Friends" from Sweeney Todd. Hahahhaa, yep, at this point I'm more likely to marry either my friends or sharp inanimate objects. ;)
Life's Good: "God Put a Smile on Your Face" Coldplay. Did he really?
Mental Breakdown: 'Learn Your Lessons Well" from Godspell. Creepily perky and yelling at me. Sounds about right."
Flashback: "Billie Jean" by MJ. Well, aside from the obvious reasons .... it was written in like '86 ... I think it has the perfect blend of paranoid and rose-colored nostalgia
Birth of a Child: "Henrietta" by the Fratellis. Is the child's name Henrietta??
Final Battle: "Fare thee well, attractive stranger" from Iolanthe. ;)
Death Scene: "The Ascent of Stan". Ben Folds. Well, at least I'm going up, not down.
Funeral Song: "Like Spinning Plates" Radiohead. Hopefully the live version. I think I really could listen to that for all eternity, so I'm good with that.
End Credits: "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd". Like many good stories, it'll end where it began. :)

1 comment:

Wiry said...

I think I like your mental breakdown song best, perhaps because I always found that song to be borderline creepy and a bit too perky for a song about damnation.